Tuesday, December 21, 2010

22 Years Old...

So, today (well, yesterday as of 2 minutes) was my 22nd birthday.  It was an AMAZING day, and I am still reveling the beauty of life, friends, family and happiness.

I woke up at 8ish and layed in bed, got some emails sent, etc.  I went to the mall and got a pedicure and then went and dropped some stuff off.  It was beautiful and sunny outside. 

I was looking forward to Bible Study.  I went to dinner at Mustard Seed to meet Bryan (I live with him and his wife) and Daniel (Bryan's son).  I walk in and see Bryan talking to another friend, I thought oh how nice they ran into eachother.  I walk around the corner to the table and... THERE WAS A BUNCH OF FRIENDS!  I was so surprised!  I honestly had NO IDEA.  I had a lovely dinner with the most amazing friends I could ask for.  What a blessing.  I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.  THANK YOU to all of you, you all mean more to me than you'll ever know, I mean that!  I'm not just being cliche.  I can honestly say this has been the BEST BIRTHDAY I HAVE EVER HAD.

I really got to thinking lately, I am just so incredibly blessed.  I love my life right now.  College is challenging, but I am so thankful I can go to college.  I love the work I am doing with The United States of Hope.  What an honor.  I love the body of Christians I belong to&my salvation.  I am content with being single right now (although that doesn't mean I'm not open to that changing, hehe :)).  I love my recovery, I love my health, I love my body.  I love friendships, relationships, I love my family.  I love all the things I can do.  I love that I am now among the ranks of the living, not sickness.  I love, that's who I am, what I do, what I always want to do is love.

3 comments:

  1. You are off to a GREAT start here, and I'm really proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the last paragraph was beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amy!
    Thanks Lily. I speak from the heart :)

    ReplyDelete