Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Skinny Jeans---and not the fashionable kind.

I had an interesting experience last night, and want to share it.

I was cleaning my room and went through a bag of clothes.  I found some "sick jeans", aka jeans I wore when I was sick with my eating disorder.  Internally, I gasped because I was so surprised...surprised that I forgot they were there and hadn't gotten rid of them, but surprised at how small they were.  It honestly scared me, the fact that they were so small and I used to swim in them with room to spare.  My immediate thought was, "I am SO glad I am not there anymore, I don't ever want to go back to that."  Then that thought caused me to step back and think, wow I really have come a long way.  When I was sick I would have thought, "I wish I was that thin again, I want to go back there and this is how I'm going to do it."  I actually got a little nostalgic in a weird way, not that I miss being sick, but it is a huge change- not being active in the eating disorder, also known as RECOVERY.  WOW.  I was texting a friend through this time, and her support was great.  I threw out the jeans right away, but I checked the pockets before I did, and guess what?  I found $10 in them! LOL, I thought that was pretty funny. 

Anyway, that's it...

1 comment:

  1. Kelli, I know how it feels to have that nostalgia. It's weird and uncomfortable, but it happens. Congrats on being strong enough to handle it. I'm proud of you, of both of us. Hugs.
    Bethany (CABHS)

    ReplyDelete