Saturday, September 4, 2010

Serving Jesus After Being Healed

Hello Everyone!
This is my first blog, and I am hoping it will last.  Facebook notes can only go so far :)  This blog is going to be about my recovery from an eating disorder and my faith in Christ.  Today I wanted to write about something that I have learned in my quiet times. 
I have been reading the book of Mark.  I really had the desire to get to know more about Jesus' life.  In the very first chapter of Mark, Mark 1:29-31 to be exact, tells the story of Jesus healing a woman.  It says, "Simon's mother in law was in bed with a fever, and they told Jesus about her.  So he went to her, took her hand and helped her up.  The fever left her and she began to wait on them."
This was amazing to me.  After this woman was healed she didn't run off to tell people, she didn't go enjoy not being sick anymore.  The very first things he did was wait on Jesus.  I feel like that is what I need to be doing.  Jesus has healed me from so many things, and I'm still in that healing process.  I've realized that because of that I need to be serving Jesus.  He healed me, I should be waiting on Him, hand and foot!  That is what I want to do with my life.
That's all I have for that.  Just something I wanted to share. :)  I will write more about me some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment