Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Letter To Patients...

My therapist asked me to write a letter to patients at Rosewood and upcoming patients, so I wanted to share it...

Dear Rosewood Patients,
Over 3 months ago I entered Rosewood with no hope.  I thought this would be one more round of failed treatment.  I had a panic attack on the plane, thinking I would be anorexic forever.  I have come so far, I am filled with so much hope now.  My eating disorder is a part of me, but it is a seperate part of me, it is NOT who I am.  I have learned so much in the time I have been at Rosewood, and I am so grateful.

If there is one piece of advice I could give, it is this: TRUST THE PROCESS.  They know what they are doing here at Rosewood.  There is a purpose behind everything they do here.  It is such a painful process, just remember that things can't stay crappy forever.  Things WILL get better.  No one deserves to have an eating disorder, and you are not the one exception to that rule.  So please, be open, honest, and willing.

Don't ever forget THERE IS HOPE, if you think you have none, then you may borrow some of mine.  I am literally bubbling over with an abundance of hope!
I have faith in each and every person that walks through these doors.
With LOVE, HOPE, and GRATITUDE,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment